Custom Search

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tons have happened in the past couple of days.

First and foremost is Pat. Pat was rushed to GBMC with Cardiac issues. Diane flew home as soon as she could on Saturday Morning to be with him.  Pats team of doctors are trying to get his heart back into a normal sinus rhythm, which is usually a pretty common procedure (shocking his heart) but a side affect with Pat maybe throwing a clot to his brain (bad). As always the best updates on pats condition is coming from Mary. If you are not on her distribution and would like to be email me and I will forward your info to her. I will do my best to keep this blog updated with pats status also.

I think we should all stop, take a minute everyday and pray and send strength to Diane. Caring for both a sick daughter and husband at the same time 3000 miles apart is more then any human can handle.

Tracey is resting comfortly. She has taken at least on bit of food each of the last 3 days. Which is really good. She has also smiled and laughed. I read her a story yesterday, and we when though a couple of her old photo albums. She enjoyed recounting all the freinds and fun she had. Chrisy stayed here all weekend and mandl came by a couple of times. Tracey also told me she felt stronger and might try to get out of be and go look at the nursery sometime today. We will see.
 
Diane being gone has thrusted me into the nursing position. Yesterday was the first day and i think I did pretty good. I had a couple of hiccups but nothing we need to tell Diane about. It is really hard being the nurse as I am so emotionally attached I dont want to do things that are painful but I know I have to. Its just tough.

Clyde 2, Ben and Judy are in town. They have been helping with the baby. They all leave tomorrow. Christy, again, was heaven sent and spent Friday and Saturday nights caring for bella.

Bella and I went for a walk though the flea-market this morning. It was a nice get-a-away. Bella is having a difficult time with reflux and gas. I am trying different formulas and other meds, but I have not found the magic combo yet. If you have any advice please feel free. The webcams have not shown up yet. target said they shipped 5 days ago, maybe monday. As soon as they show up I will be feeding the cameras and linking bella's post to www.helprasiemydaughter.com I will also be posting parenting issues I am having.

6 comments:

  1. Brandon,
    Everyday when I speak with Aunt Diane my heart breaks for her and all of you. Reading your post tonight, I have tears of joy, that Tracey is having a good day. I know that over and above everything that is what keeps you going.
    hugs.....
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon,

    Wow...I'm so sorry to hear about Pat...please give Diane my love and prayers! She truly is an amazing person. They are both lucky to have her. I'm so glad that Tracey seems to be doing better. As far as Bella's "gas issues" I had that with Emme and struggled too...I used Mylicon ALOT and an antigas medicine that I got from the Natural Healthfood store and that seemed to help a little. Basically it almost magically goes away around 3 months of age. They never diagnose it as "collic" but google it....it definately is! Hang in there...you are awesome! Please tell Tracey that I am in awe of her strength and courage! I am very proud to be related to her! She is amazing!

    Love to all of you!

    Carrie, East Coast Ya Ya Cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see you on Tuesday afternoon/evening for housecleaning.

    Let me know if you want me to take a night shift with Bella.

    You're doing great Brandon. I know that sounds trite, but you have the sturdiest shoulders I've ever seen.

    XOXO mandl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon,

    Sounds like you're doing great. Needless to say we are very happy to have Diane with Pat right now. As for Bella's gas...as old fashioned trick is to get a hot water bottle, fill it with warm water and put a blanket or towel around it. The , when she's fussy, you can lay her across your lap on top of it and just gently rub her back. The warmth helps break up the gas and the rub just feels good and settles her down.

    Stay strong...you give Tracey smiles and joy and that's teh best medicine ever.

    Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone for all their prayers and offers of help. it is so wonderful to see pat and he was so happy when i showed up at the hospital. i stayed the night but came home last night. he is having the shock procedure tomorrow by endoscopy. they go in and look at the atria to see if there are any clots. it's called tsee (trans esophageal something). i know one day i will collapse or explode but now i have my husband and tracey alive. i am afraid to let myself cry like i'd like. brandon is amazing, taking over the neds. the nurse was out-of-town. i knew he could do it but let me say - he now will be alone with the baby, the house, his work, the cats, tracey's needs and meds...thaT's a lot !! his 38th b-day is sept 24. love, diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie was a gassy, fussy mess when she was a baby but like other babies, it calmed down a lot when she started having a little baby cereal with her formula at about three months. They like to lay on their tummies over your lap while you rub their backs too and rub the soles of her feet, all of this is supposed to be good for the gas. Acid reflux is a problem with a lot of babies with colic. Good luck! We are so happy to hear that Tracey has been having a couple of good days.
    Love
    Sarah in Baltimore

    ReplyDelete