Custom Search

Sunday, October 5, 2008

This blog was always for the family to keep up with what is going on with tracey. I know it has been passed around to other then family members and that has stopped me from posting the day to day details about the going on but I think I need to let the family know the skinny. If by me posting these detail on such a public forum offends anyone in the family I am sorry but I want you to know whats going on.

Tracey has not felt well for about a week. She is suffering hallucinations. She sees many things from "little People" to a seal in her bed with her. Her ability to focus and reason is going away. She does not know the difference between the TV remote control and the telephone. I thought the Hallucinations were just her mind trying to fight off boredom but now I see that her ability use logic is also getting worse I am afraid that disease is taking over. Tracey is also getting much weaker, and is much more sensitive to pain. Giving the daily shots is becoming more and more difficult because it causes so much pain.

There has been some talk of Hospice, but I don't see what they can do to help this situation. Tracey doesnt want anything. The only thing she needs is someone to administer her meds every 6 hours. I think Diane and I will talk more about hospice when she gets here on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Brandon, Hospice is a wonderful organization that helped me a lot when Karl Sr. was bad. You would be surprised how much they will do. Not just medication - they will be there to just sit, to read.. to do all most anything. And it will help you also by giving you a few hours when you need it. Give them a call and talk to them. Wish I was there to help. Love you, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can password protect your blog to ensure your family's privacy:

    Blogger – http://www.blogger.com/

    Log in to your account
    Customise
    Settings
    Permissions
    Only People I Choose [then enter in the email address of those people that you want to invite to view the blog]
    You can also choose whether you want your blog listing to appear in blogger.com:

    Settings
    Basic
    Add your blog to our listing Yes/No?

    ReplyDelete
  3. brandon, to password protect this blog would be a disservice to many. Many of us have known tracey for a long time, some from college too. word maybe has spread to others outside of family but we all love and pray for her just the same. this maybe the only way others will ever know her status without interfering.

    ReplyDelete